Wednesday 13 June 2012

Esty - Book Of Shadows

A couple of weeks ago an etsy seller named Lynn contacted me regarding her handmade magnetic makeup palettes. Having obviously seen my love for custom palettes all over my blog she asked me to review hers for my readers and I was more than happy to accept. Prior to agreeing to receive them, however I did do a little research to make sure they were good value for money and I can confirm that they are cheaper than the Z-Palettes on an inch by inch basis and in my opinion better quality. What I really love about them is how many designs are available. You can see for yourself here. They come in both regular and waterproof coverings and prices start at £8.57 (they're priced in $s hence the random pence it converts to)

I chose to try one of each, a regular paper covered palette and a waterproof as Lynn suggested the waterproof was more hard wearing but I wanted to see the difference for myself. I can definitely see what she means as the paper version is already getting a little scuffed (I play rough) so I would recommend you choose the waterproof however you sacrifice a huge library of designs so it's really down to personal preference. When comparing it directly to the Z-Palette - which you can't avoid - the overall product is equally as sturdy, it doesn't have the perspex lid but that doesn't bother me as I would rather have the pretty pattern and the lids and both are held shut with magnets. My only qualm with the book of shadows is that I don't think the magnetic surface inside is quite as strong but it still does the job.. just don't tip it upside down and you'll be fine lol.

I've swapped out all of my favourites shades from my mac and unii palettes in to my two new ones and am finding them so much more convenient. They're slim and space saving, easy to open and as I got two different designs it's not hard to remember what's in each. I actually prefer them to my unii palettes and I never thought I'd say that about anything!
I now have a colour and a neutral palette on my dressing table and am considering purchasing a couple of extra's for my depotted blushes. The designs I have are Exspresso (the chevron pattern) and the other I can't find so I assume is sold out. Like I said earlier the water resistant line is going to look pretty for longer but the design choices aren't as vast and they're a couple of pounds dearer.
Lynn kindly offered to run a giveaway which I will put up here and on my YouTube channel very soon but in the meantime you can check out her etsy shop here and like her facebook page here

Miss BB

NOTE:
From 1st July my blog will redirect to missbudgetbeauty.co.uk 
This is no longer a blogger blog therefor GFC will no longer pick up my posts.
To stay up to date you can follow me via blog lovin' or hello cotton

FYI

I anticipate some questions about shipping..
I obviously didn't pay for the products or shipping but shipping time was around a week and I had no customs charges to pay. They were packaged well and there was no damage when I received the palettes.

3 comments:

  1. I love all the different designs available! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need these in my life!! Great review :) sleepeatbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You asked in your last post where the love is. The love is right here! I <3 that you had a chance to review these for us to see. I heard about them recently and was planning to buy one so it's good to hear how good they really are. And I thought I didn't really need the waterproof one, but now I know I may want to go with that so it is more durable. Thank you so much for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...